Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate openings are available for Sr. Research Associates in Chemistry. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers. The primary responsibility of this position will be the synthesis, purification, and characterization of novel biologically active molecules. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of a Scientist or Sr Scientist.
- Conduct multistep syntheses of complex small molecules supported with detailed characterization of intermediates and final products.
- Contribute to exploratory research and collaborate closely with colleagues in other groups.
- Summarize/interpret results and present findings in research meetings.
- Execute experiments and tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures.
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility.
- Learn new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are performed to a high standard.
- Utilize scientific literature and databases such as SciFinder to design and implement efficient synthetic routes.
- Propose new compounds for synthesis based on synthetic knowledge and SAR.
- Contribute to the design of experiments and new targets.
- BS/MS in Chemistry with 3-8 years of relevant experience in synthetic organic/medicinal chemistry with potential to learn and adapt in a fast moving environment.
- Demonstrated experience in organic synthesis, chromatographic purification methods, and compound characterization using modern analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC, etc.).
- Organized, detail-oriented, excellent record-keeping skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform well in a team environment
- Understanding of medicinal chemistry concepts.